2lbs Pumpkin, chopped into large chunks (remove skin and seeds)
2 medium onions, sliced
2 cloves of garlic
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a saucepan and bring to boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until pumpkin is tender.
2. Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. If you don't have a stick blender, use a blender - see notes.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve with crusty bread.
4. Variations: For a richer finish, substitute the milk with cream, but add after blending and do not bring to boil.
5. Garnishes: Dollop of yogurt, sour cream or creme fraiche goes wonderfully.